Wellness Promotions Office
Programs consist of:
Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program
- For women ages 40-64 with no health insurance and limited income per State of MD guidelines.
- Pays for a mammogram, clinical breast exam and PAP test for those women who enroll.
- Those women found with an abnormal mammogram or PAP test may be eligible for the State of Maryland Diagnosis/ Treatment Program.
Please call Leigh Marquess, R.N., or JoAnn Sudnick to enroll at 410-479-8080.
Colorectal Cancer Screening
- For men and women ages 50-64 with no health insurance and limited income per State of Maryland guidelines to be eligible for a free Colonoscopy.
Please call Leigh Marquess, R.N. at 410-479-8080.
Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Comprehensive programs to assist those that use tobacco products in overcoming tobacco addictions.
- Nicotine patches are provided as long as you attend weekly class for 12 week program (Doctor Rx required).
Please call ahead at 410-479-8080 to Charles Prattis if you plan to come.
Cigarette Restitution Funds
This program allows staff to work with our local school board in teaching tobacco prevention/education to all the schools in the County including private schools. The funds allowed for signs "Keep Caroline County Kids Smoke-Free", ten at each school to be displayed on the school grounds. The staff goes out in the Community to explain about how the funds are being used, and what ideas the Community has on what they would like to see happen. The first tobacco stings on vendors who sell tobacco to minors were conducted as a result of this program.
The funds also started Teen Court, along with the Caroline County Human Service Council, Inc. Teen Court is for first time offenders ages 11-17 who receive citations for underage tobacco and alcohol possession. Teens are judged by Teens! Teens in grades 9-12th volunteer to run the court.
To find out more about Teen Court, please call 410-479-8080.
Return to Main