The Caroline County Health Department has announced its fall schedule for free flu vaccines, as well as COVID-19 vaccinations.
The Health Department has a limited number of Moderna COVID-19 vaccines available for Caroline County residents age 65 and older and uninsured county residents ages 19 and older.
In fall 2023, new Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were released. These vaccines replace the previous vaccines and have been updated to respond to the most recent dominant strain of the virus.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends everyone 6 months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against the potentially serious outcomes of COVID-19 illness this fall and winter.
Vaccination remains the best protection against COVID-19-related hospitalization and death. Vaccination also reduces your chance of suffering the effects of Long COVID, which can develop during or following acute infection and last for an extended duration. If you have not received a COVID-19 vaccine in the past 2 months, get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself this fall and winter.
Clinics will be held:
- Tuesday, October 24 from 1 PM to 4 PM at the Health Department, Denton
- Saturday, October 28 from 9 AM to 12 PM at the Goldsboro Fire Department
- Tuesday, October 31 from 1 PM to 4 PM at the Health Department, Denton
- Tuesday, November 7 from 1 PM to 4 PM at the Health Department, Denton
- Tuesday, November 14 from 1 PM to 4 PM at the Health Department, Denton
Pre-registration is required. Call (410) 479-8000 and select Option 2.
Please remember to bring a photo ID and copy of your insurance cards. Uninsured individuals may also register and should bring photo ID.
If you don’t qualify for a COVID-19 vaccination from the Health Department, visit https://www.vaccines.gov/ to find a vaccination opportunity at a nearby pharmacy or doctor’s office.
The CDC recommends annual flu vaccination for everyone 6 months and older. Our clinics will provide the correct vaccine based upon the patient age using your registration information. You do not need to register for a specific variation. These flu vaccines are free to the public.
Clinics will be held:
- Friday, October 13: 9 AM to 12 PM and 1 PM to 4 PM
- Friday, October 20: 9 AM to 12 PM and 1 PM to 4 PM
- Friday, October 27: 9 AM to 12 PM and 1 PM to 4 PM
- Monday, November 6: 1 PM to 4 PM
- Monday, November 13: 1 PM to 4 PM
- Monday, November 20: 1 PM to 4 PM
All clinics will be at the Health Department building at 403 S. 7th Street in Denton, MD.
Pre-registration is encouraged and may be done by phone. Please call 410-479-8000 and select option #2 when prompted. Walk-ins will also be accepted. Please bring a photo ID to make registration quicker. Medicare and Medicaid recipients, please bring a copy of your insurance card to your appointment.
Call (410) 479-8000 for questions about the Flu Vaccine. Dial 7-1-1 to place a call through Maryland Relay.