This Medicaid sponsored program provides last resort transportation to and from medical appointments for people receiving Medical Assistance.
- This program is NOT for emergency medical transportation.
- It does not cover transportation for services other than medical appointments covered by Medical Assistance.
- We cannot transport to other appointments, such as chiropractors, AA/NA, WIC, social services, smoking cessation, Weight Watchers, etc.
To be eligible for Medical Assistance Transportation services:
- You must have a current Medical Assistance Card
- You must be a resident of Caroline County
- You are required to complete a screening process over the phone to determine eligibility
- Your appointment must also be medically necessary AND covered by Medical Assistance
- If the appointment is for a child, their parent or legal guardian must accompany them. You must provide a safety seat if needed.
Transportation is only provided to the eligible person with the appointment. If you need an assistant to accompany you for health reasons, call (410) 479-8014 in advance for approval.
To use our Medical Assistance Transportation, each client must:
- Be ready on time for your scheduled pick up
- Not smoke, eat, or drink in the vehicle
- Be courteous and refrain from disruptive behavior, including the use of profanity
- To ensure safety, comply with all directions given by the vehicle operator
Failure to abide by these responsibilities may disqualify you from use of our transportation services.
Requests for Medical Assistance Transportation must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Please note that transportation to Baltimore and surrounding locations requires that the appointment end by 1:00 p.m.
Call (410) 479-8014 to make a request. The office is available to make scheduling appointments Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please have the following information ready when calling to schedule transportation:
- Medical Assistance Number (11 digits)
- Name, address, and phone number of doctor/medical provider
Cancellations must be reported to Dispatch at (410) 479-8018. Failure to provide timely notice may disqualify you from use of our transportation services.
Closures are very rare. In the event of any type of closure, we will contact all scheduled transports affected by the event. We will make every effort to transport vital service patients, if allowable, and only if we can do so in a safe, timely, and responsible manner.