The Caroline County Health Department (CCHD) is a great place to work and make a difference! We have a broad range of employment opportunities, including both clinical and administrative roles.
Why Work for Us:
- Meaningful Work: At the CCHD, we help our community every day by taking care of those who are most vulnerable, including children, new mothers, the elderly, and people with disabilities. This work offers a sense of pride and purpose and the knowledge that at the end of each day, you’ve made a difference in someone’s life.
- Be Part of a Great Team: The staff at CCHD is passionate about what they do. Most of our employees have been with us for many years because they appreciate being part of a dynamic, mission-driven team.
- Generous Leave Package: We understand that work-life balance is essential for a positive workplace. The State offers 10 to 25 days of vacation per year, depending on seniority, plus 11 paid holidays and 15 days of sick leave per year
- Exceptional Health Benefits: As a State agency, we offer a top tier insurance package, which includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage. You also may be eligible for life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance plans at low group rates.
- Reduced Child and Health Care Costs: Family is important to you – and us! Permanent State employees can participate in Healthcare and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts. These plans allow eligible employees to save, on a pretax basis, for healthcare and dependent care costs incurred during the plan year.
- Outstanding Retirement Benefits: Planning for your future is essential to feeling secure. As a government agency, we have a stable and generous retirement package. Employees are eligible for participation in a contributory defined benefit pension plan in which they are vested after ten years. State employees are also eligible to participate in two supplemental retirement plans: the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and the 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan.
- Student Loan Forgiveness: Employees with the State of Maryland are eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Participants that meet all requirements may qualify for forgiveness on the remaining balance on his or her Direct Loans after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time in a qualifying public service position.
All Health Department jobs must be applied for through the State of Maryland’s Online Employment Center. Below are current openings. Click the job title to be taken to the State website where you can view full details of each job and begin your application.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Filing Deadline: December 8, 2023
This position will research, plan and implement the nutritional and breastfeeding education plans, according to State policies and procedures. This position will present these plans to participants through group and individual contacts. This position will also provide specialized nutritional care to participants who are at a nutritional risk.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Filing Deadline: December 14, 2023
This position will provide clinical social work services to behavioral health patients on either an outpatient basis or in a school-based setting, with a particular focus on high-risk patients with cases which present a great deal of complexity. This position will provide these services to children, adolescents and/or adults. The incumbent must be licensed to provide a psychiatric diagnosis, as well as be capable of working with minimal supervision.
We love being a part of people’s education journey or path to professional growth! The Caroline County Health Department welcomes the opportunity to host internships for students pursuing their bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees, as well as those seeking a professional certification in a clinical field. Each internship can be individually tailored to meet the student’s needs and provide a meaningful opportunity to learn.
If you are interested in an internship with us, please email our Human Resources office. Be sure to include the following information in your initial email:
- Degree or certification being pursued
- Areas of specialization or interest
- Number of hours a week available
- If you have transportation to the Health Department
- If you are only interested in a remote-work internship
- If you are interested in an internship regardless of pay, or are only seeking paid internships
- Include your resume and any relevant information from your school regarding the internship process for hosts